Monday, November 10, 2008

Meeting Patricia Polacco


On Saturday we went to Barnes and Noble to meet Patricia Polacco, one of my very favorite children's authors. Malana and I chose 2 books for her to sign, Someone for Mr. Sussmann and For the Love of Autumn. They were her lastest releases. We anxiously waited in line to meet her for about 45 minutes. Malana and I read both of her books while we waited and of course, they are wonderful. As our line crept closer, we finally got a glimpse of her. She looked just like her pictures you see of her. Wow!! Alex kept saying, "I am going to meet a celebrity!" Malana kept trying to peek through the people in line and eventually saw her. After a few more minutes, it was finally our turn. She had a wonderful and caring personality. She talked with Malana and asked her a few questions about where she went to school and what grade she was in. When Malana said "Kendallville", Patricia said, "I think I have been to Kendallville." Malana's eyes got really big. After she signed both of our books, she allowed us to take a picture with her. Alex, Malana, and I actually took our picture with a "celebrity". What a wonderful experience for our family.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I wanted to go so badly to meet Patricia but am so thankful to know you did! She has always been one of your favorite authors, if not your absolute favorite, and what a thrill for you!